As I mentioned in my last post, my goal is to slowly make my way back into the book blogging community after having kind of a rough time lately. So when I discovered that the amazing Connie over at Hoot Reads Books had nominated me for this award, I was not only incredibly flattered, I decided: what better way to get back into it all than with a tag?
Thank you so much, Connie!
The idea of the Liebster Award is to create a sort of chain of bloggers nominating other bloggers, allowing us to get to know and learn more about the others in this awesome community. The rules are:
- Thank and link the blogger who nominated you
- Answer their 11 questions
- Nominate 11 bloggers who have less then 200 followers and link them
- Have your nominees answer your 11 questions
- Notify nominees through social media
So here are the questions asked by Hoot Reads Books:
If you had to choose two authors to write a book together, who would they be?
Ooh, this is difficult! Would Laini Taylor and Maggie Stiefvater work together? I feel like if they would, they’d come up with something utterly unique and special.
Who is your favorite book couple?
For those of you who know me, this probably sounds repetitive, but I’m going to have to go with Magnus and Alec from Cassandra Clare’s Mortal Instruments series. I have so many feels for those two.
If you wanted to date a book character who would it be?
This is another somewhat difficult one, because despite the fact that I love a lot of different characters, I’m not sure that there are many of them I’d get along with enough to date in real life. Good friends, perhaps, but not to date. I guess for this one I’ll go with Levi from Fangirl, by Rainbow Rowell. Levi is great.
What is your favorite dessert?
Strawberry anything, but especially cheesecake. Yum!
Which fantasy world would you like to visit?
O.o Have we been reading the same fantasy books? I’d get killed in a second if I went to most of them. If I had to choose, I guess I’d pick Middle Earth. I could go live with the hobbits. We’re all short and enjoy food and fun, so we’d get along.
What is your favorite place to travel?
Admittedly, I haven’t traveled to many places outside the continental US, but I got the chance to go to Italy for a week a couple of years ago and it was amazing. So beautiful, and so much incredible history. I’d go back in a heartbeat.
If you had a million dollars, what would you do with it?
Buy a horse and some land, then purchase some of the many books I really want but can’t currently afford, and then take a trip around Europe. Probably also put a good bit away into some sort of savings fund. Anything left would go to charities.
Is there a book convention that you have never been to but you would like to go to one day?
Not particularly. There are a lot of book conventions that seem interesting and fun, but I haven’t really had the chance to look into them.
If you were stuck in a desert island what are 5 things that you would take with you?
Something that would enable me to make the sea water drinkable, duct tape, matches, a tent, and a book entitled How to Survive on a Deserted Island. Probably. Maybe one entitled How to Build a Raft instead.
If you were making a book time capsule that is to be open 20 years from now, what books would you put in?
Maybe this is cheating a little, but I’d probably put my sketchbooks inside. I think it would be fascinating to look back twenty years from now and see what I was drawing today. I tend to draw what’s going on in my life at the time and things relating to my favorite things at any one time, so it would give me reminders about what I enjoy now.
Choose 5 books that you cannot absolutely live without.
Oh, wow. There are so many books I love that it’s hard to choose only five! Let’s see…
- Harry Potter, of course. We all know who these are by. As it was for so many, I grew up with this series and these characters.
- The Shadowhunter Chronicles books, by Cassandra Clare. I have a lot of memories surrounding these books.
- The Percy Jackson books, by Rick Riordan
- Fangirl, by Rainbow Rowell. I relate to this book so much.
Aaaannndd… we’re actually going to leave it at four. After that, trying to choose that last book opens up a whole new can of worms.
I nominate the following blogs for the Liebster Award:
Here are my 11 questions:
- What’s your favorite hobby/pastime other than reading?
- Do you have any siblings?
- What’s your favorite fairytale?
- Which fictional character would you most like to meet?
- What is your favorite book of the year so far?
- List the top three things on your bucket list.
- Do you listen to a lot of music? If so, do you have a favorite genre?
- What genre of book do you find yourself reading the most of?
- What’s your favorite food?
- Do you prefer physical books, audio books, or e-books?
- Which new/upcoming book release are you most looking forward to?