I am currently accepting review requests. With that being said, I am in no way a professional reviewer, nor do I receive any sort of monetary compensation for the books I review. I do this for one reason: I love books. I love learning about new books and telling others about the ones I’ve read. All reviews are completely honest and entirely based upon my own personal thoughts and feelings. Nothing I write is intentionally hurtful, and most times if I really, really dislike a book I’m just as likely not to write a review on it at all. With that in mind, if asked for a review on a book I will provide one.
What I tend to accept:
- YA (of just about any kind)
- Middle grade
Things I like but tend to be selective about:
- Nonfiction (biographies, memoirs, autobiographies, etc.)
I do not usually accept:
- Harlequin romances
- Books with political/religious undertones
When submitting a book for review:
- I try to respond to all requests in a timely manner, but sometimes outside circumstances prevail. If it has been more than two weeks since you have sent your request and have not yet received a response, please feel free to send another one.
- Format: I accept either ARC or finished copies of books to review. Hard copies are greatly preferred, but Kindle (PDF/.mobi) format is also accepted. That being said, hard copies take precedence over ebooks. For me, hard copies are just easier to read.
Things to keep in mind:
- I cannot guarantee when I will have a chance to read your book. It could be days, weeks or months.
- If you have a time frame that you would prefer – let me know in your email and I will let you know if that would work for me.
- When requesting a review, please include a summary of the book and a link to any sort of media (website, Goodreads, etc.) that you may have. This isn’t required, but it makes my life a lot easier!
Want to request a book review? Please feel free to drop me a line at opinionatedbookster (at) gmail.com.