I’m super late to this, but I’m excited to be doing it anyway! For the next two weeks, I’m going to be participating in the Dusting Off The Shelf Read-A-Thon hosted by Emily over at Books & Cleverness. It starts today (August 1st) and runs until the 15th. She’s come up with a number of interesting challenges, so I’m eager to get started 🙂
There’s no guaranteeing that I’ll actually be able to finish my full TBR, but I’m certainly going to try!
- Read a book set in the past: 1984, by George Orwell. I can’t even tell you how long this book has been on my shelves.
- Read a classic: Persuasion, by Jane Austen.
- Read a book written before 2010: Can You Keep A Secret?, by Sophie Kinsella (2004)
- Read at least 100 pages a day. For the most part, I think I should be able to stick to this pretty easily. At the very least, I should be able to finish the 1500 pages by the end of the two weeks.
- Other books I’d like to try to get to:
- The Graveyard Book, by Neil Gaiman
- Paper Towns, by John Green
- Grave Mercy, by Robin LaFevers (this isn’t a very old book, only having been released two years ago, but it’s been on my shelf pretty much ever since)
I’m going to try to post a weekly update keeping track of my progress, but for a more simple, condensed version I’ll also update this post every day/couple of days below.